Porters Grange Primary School is an academy and is part of the Portico Multi Academy Trust.
Southend Borough Council allocate the places at Porters Grange Primary School, please contact them first.
The area office is situated at:
Tel: 01702 212934
If you would like to arrange a visit at our school, please call the school on 01702 468047.
Primary School Admissions 2020/21
Apply online at: by 15th January 2020.
There are two ways to make your application for a school place; it can be done either:
1. Online via the Council website (see above) or
2. On a paper application, copies of which are available from the Council offices at the Civic Centre, Victoria Avenue.
The online system is quick, secure and confidential. It is hoped that as in previous years as many parents as possible will apply online for primary school places for September 2020.
The benefits of making your application online are:
* the online facility is available 24 hours a day and 7 days a week until midnight on the closing date of 15th January 2020;
* there are links to school websites so you can find more information about primary schools before deciding on your preferences;
* you can log in and view your child's application form and you can make changes to the details on the application form up until midnight on the closing date;
* the system is secure and has a series of security procedures which keeps the information provided safe;
* there is no risk that your application will get lost in the post;
* you can log in and view your child's school on the National Offer Day from anywhere in the world and the offer will also be sent by email on the offer day (no hard copies are sent);
* you can accept the offer of a school place online and request that your child be kept on a waiting list.
Schools admissions: applications for overseas children
In most cases, children arriving from overseas have the right to attend schools in England.
It is the responsibility of parents to check that their children have a right, under their visa entry conditions, to study at a school. To help parents we recommend that those wishing to apply for a state funded school check that they have a right of abode or the conditions of their visas otherwise permit access a state-funded school.
Foreign nationals cannot use the 6 month visitor visa or a 6 month short-term study visa to enter the UK to enrol as a pupil at a school. Find out what these visas can be used for on the visitor visa and short term study visa pages.
Find out more visit the Department for Education.